This short tour is a quick getaway to Sri Lanka on a long weekend, much suited for South Asian Travelers. A perfect combination of History sight seeing and ultimate beauty of Nature in highlands of the country. This tour is also convenient for European or far east travelers for a short tour in Sri Lanka after an Indian tour.
- Tour duration can be adjusted as per your interest
- This is a private tour suits to a couple, family or group of friends
- The Sigiriya Citadel lion rock.
- The Dambulla cave temple arts.
- The Kandy temple of the tooth of Lord Buddha.
- A cultural show of traditional music and dances.
- Train ride through most scenic part of the country.
- Stay and trek at the vibrant Ella – The city on clouds.
- Sigiriya & Dambulla hiking.
- Tea estate & factory visit.
- Train ride via scenic hill country.
- Trek at Ella to Little Adam’s peak plains.
Important facts & notes
- Temperature – 27° C to 30° C
- Accepted currencies – Sri Lankan rupees, Sterling pounds, US dollars, Euros
- Languages – English, Sinhala & Tamil
- Special dress codes? – Long trousers or skirt and a top with sleeves is required when visiting religious sites.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Dinner
What’s Included & Excluded
- Accommodation throughout the tour at 3 Star luxury Hotels.
- Breakfast & dinner at 3 star hotels throughout the tour.
- All transportation, by a fully air conditioned luxury vehicle.
- Entrance fees at all attractions.
- Specialist History guide service at Kandy.
- Hill country train ride tickets.
- English speaking chauffeur fee.
- All Govt. taxes related to the tour.
- Air fares.
- Lunch throughout the tour.
- Visa processing & charges.(Visa available on arrival)
- Travel Insurance.
- Vehicle used for personal interests besides the Itinerary.
- Camera permits at paintings of Sigiriya & Dambulla.
- Any other services not specified above.
DAY 1 | ARRIVAL; DAMBULLA CAVE TEMPLE AND SIGIRIYA LION ROCK
- Depart your country on booked flight to Colombo International airport.
- Arrive to Colombo airport, meet the Traveler Ceylon Tours airport representative and get introduced to the tour chauffeur.
- Transfer to Dambulla and visit Golden temple and Cave temple complex.
- At completion have lunch and visit Sigiriya Lion rock Citadel.
- Transfer to Kandy and Check-in at Gangula Villa.
- Dinner at Villa.
DAY 2 | TEMPLE OF TOOTH RELIC, TRAIN RIDE
- Visit the sacred Temple Kandy which kept the tooth of Lord Buddha. This temple is the heart of every Buddhist in Sri Lanka, Which all communities protects it seconding their life.
- At completion go to Kandy train station and get on board to a train to Ella. The most epic train ride you will ever experience!!
- At completion Check-in at Planter’s bungalow at Ella.
- Dinner at Bungalow.
DAY 3 | DAY AT ELLA, LITTLE ADAM’S PEAK HIKE AND DEPARTURE
- Ella is known as a breathtaking hill country rural area in Sri Lanka with thousands of acres of Vast untouched land with it’s unique environmental structure that every traveler falls in deep love with the nature.
- The trekking destination of Ella is the Little Adam’s peak. The 360 degree view when you are at Little Adam’s peak will be the ultimate gift of this tour after Sigiriya Citadel top.
- At completion transfer to Colombo and catch the denaturing flight.
*** END OF THE TOUR ***
Do you wish to spend more days in this magical Island? We have two perfect extension suggestions.
Note: Selecting one of following extension plan is provided on our booking form under, “Tour Extensions”
Extend your tour with a Pristine beach stay
Spend few days at Iconic Temple tree hotel feeling the true magic of tropical island getting close to Sri Lankan culture.
- Sea view room with breakfast & dinner
- Untouched Indian Ocean.
- Turtle life stalking, Boat safari and river fish therapy.
- 40 kilo meter vehicle allowance
$ 90/- per day, per person
Extend your tour with a Nature friendly stay
Spend few days at heavenly feeling Nice Place hotel. The true eco-friendly hotel by the lake & surrounding villages are absolute relaxation.
- Luxury villas in the perfect environment with breakfast & dinner
- Cycling among rural villages
- PIdurangala hiking & trekking
- 40 kilo meter vehicle allowance