This epic Sri Lankan adventure profiles the north part of the isle, but filled with magnificence same as southern part – and equally impressive – creatures that roam wildest jungles, mountains and cultural cities older than even Crist of Jesus. After a quintessential trip through the Wilpattu National park (biggest forest reserve), this tour will carry guests north to search for the flocks of dolphins at Mannar deep sea, if lucky, Asian blue whales. In the shade of Sigiriya Lion rock fortress, guests will ride elephants grace the picturesque horizon before carrying on to the wilderness of Habarana. Experiencing the unique wildness of Mountain forests at Wasgamuwa you will receive the rarest time of the Asian vacation to be with the oldest families of Asia. Direct bloodlines from great Sri Lankan Kings lived in 500 BC!
- Traverse the Wilpattu amidst a rich population of leopards, elephants, birds and Chital
- Boat ride amongst hundreds of dolphins and other colorful fish species population in the Indian Ocean.
- Find the root sources runs till 2500 years of Sri Lankan Culture, reasons why Sri Lanka is the only country that carries Theravada Buddhism by being at Anuradhapura 8 landmarks.
- Watch the astonishing views on top of Sigiriya Lion rock giving no breaks to your eyes or to your camera
- Learn about life in the Jungle from some of its local natives who are happy to share narratives of their culture, history, and traditions that have endured for years in this seemingly inhospitable land
- Visit Temple of the Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa), one of the most sacred places of worship in the Buddhist world. It was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Trip at a glance
- Day 01, 02 – Kalpitiya Dolphins Watch
- Day 03, 04 – Wilpattu National Park
- Day 05, 06 – Anuradhapura Kingdom
- Day 07, 08 – Sigiriya, Habarana
- Day 09 – Wasgamuwa National Park
- Day 10 – Mahyanganaya
- Day 11 – Pinnawala Elephant orphanage & Kandy
- Day 12 – End of an epic tour / drop back to Katunayake to catch your flight
Cultural Activities / Historical Sites / World Heritage Sites / Parks / Photography / National Park / Reserve / Nature / Outdoor Adventures / Safari / Wildlife / Train Tours
Photography / Asian Safari / Outdoor Adventures / Wildlife Safari
Spectacular Scenery / Unique Accommodations / Luxury Sri Lankan Safari Lodges
Travelerceylon recommends, focus and promote on following main transporting vehicle types as you can customize accordingly to your budget.
- Car : (recommended for couples / 2 adults and one child)
- Van : (recommended for 4 to 10 passengers)
- Coaster : (recommended for 11 to 22 passengers)
The customized package will include airport transfers and other transportation within Sri Lanka, guided tours or activities, unique experiences, trip planning, and 24X7 support during your trip.
Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on final travel dates, and other custom preferences.