14 days/ 13 nights through the Landmarks of Ceylon
This tour brings you the ultimate blend of Sri Lanka’s personality. The landmarks that are very unique to the nation, the pride history built around religions, the pristine beaches to relax, wildlife in & around the rich Isle will mesmerize you for rest of your lifetime.
- Tour duration can be adjusted as per your interest
- This is a private tour suits to a couple, family or group of friends
- The Sigiriya Citadel lion rock.
- The Dambulla cave temple arts.
- Temple of the mountain top: Bahirawa kanda.
- The Kandy temple of the tooth of Lord Buddha.
- A cultural show of traditional music and dances.
- Beautiful tea lands of the hill country.
- Yala national park. World’s highest dense Leopard forest!
- Galle Dutch fortress and colonial civilization.
- Pristine down south beach relaxation.
- Trekking at Sigiriya & Dambulla.
- Tea estate & factory visit.
- Train ride via scenic hill country.
- Safari tour at Yala forest.
- Whales & Dolphins watching.
- Snorkeling through coral gardens at Hikka.
- Turtle life watching.
Important facts & notes
- Temperature – 27° C to 30° C
- Accepted currencies – Sri Lankan rupees, Sterling pounds, US dollars, Euros
- Languages – English, Sinhala & Tamil
- Special dress codes? – Long trousers or skirt and a top with sleeves is required when visiting religious sites.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Dinner
What’s Included & Excluded
- Accommodation throughout the tour at 3 Star luxury Hotels.
- Breakfast & dinner at 3 star hotels throughout the tour.
- All transportation in the country, by a fully air conditioned luxury vehicle.
- Entrance fees at all attractions.
- Specialist History guide service at Kandy.
- Hill country train ride tickets.
- Whales watching passenger boat fare.
- Yala forest park safari vehicle fare.
- English speaking chauffeur fee.
- Express way toll fee.
- All Govt. taxes related to the tour.
- Air fares.
- Lunch throughout the tour.
- Visa processing & charges.
- Travel Insurance.
- Vehicle used for personal interests besides the Itinerary.
- Camera permits at paintings of Sigiriya & Dambulla.
- Any other services not specified above.
DAY 1 | YOUR COUNTRY TO COLOMBO; TRANSFER TO THE RESTING HOTEL
- Depart your country on booked flight to Colombo International airport.
- Arrive to Colombo airport, meet the Traveler Ceylon Tours airport representative and get introduced to the tour chauffeur.
- Transfer to the amazing beach town Negombo in 10 minutes and check-in to the hotel.
- Rest for the day, get refreshed and energized dreaming of upcoming 2 weeks.
- Dinner at Hotel.
DAY 2 | TRANSFER TO DAMBULLA, VISIT CAVE TEMPLES
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Travel three hours in to the Island, to Dambulla.
- Witness the most amazing collection of Buddha statues and cave arts of the world. You will experience visitors staring at cave walls and statues with lightened eyes for hours including yourself!
- At completion relax at the temple environment and move to the hotel.
- Dinner at Hotel.
DAY 3 | CLIMB SIGIRIYA LION’S FORTRESS
- After breakfast visit the greatest fortress of all of Sri Lanka. The top tourist attraction of Ceylon. The mighty Sigiriya citadel!
- At completion go on an epic village safari tour consists with Bullock cart ride, tuk tuk ride, canoe ride on a lake & experience the culture of a real Sri Lankan village.
- Return to Hotel for the dinner & overnight stay.
- Overnight stay at Nice Place Hotel
DAY 4 | TRANSFER TO KANDY, THE CULTURAL CAPITAL
- Breakfast & check-out from hotel.
- Transfer to Kandy, enter the magnificent hill country.
- Visit a spice garden on route. Discover why local cuisine satisfies your taste buds this much.
- At Kandy, visit the Bahirawa kanda temple & be amazed by the 360° view of Kandy city and landscapes of Hill country.
- After lunch check-in to the hotel.
- Visit a cultural show in the evening that mesmerizes you from traditional music and dances.
DAY 5 | VISIT HONORED TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH
- Visit temple of the Tooth, The holiest temple for the World’s Buddhist community after India’s Lord Buddha’s Enlightened Bodhgaya.
- Be mesmerized by the Buddhist chants, religious arts & devotees at the temple.
- Visit the King’s Palace & get to know why Tooth of Lord Buddha resides inside of the King’s Palace.
- Sri Lanka is the World’s number one country to supply top class Gemstones including Sapphires. More than 50 varieties of gems can be found in Sri Lanka and was the World’s dominator since ancient Roman times. Visit some of the local expert’s outlets at Kandy & experience Jaw-dropping prices of Jewelry compared to Europe.
- Overnight stay at Gangula Villa Kandy
DAY 6 | MOST AWAITED HILL COUNTRY TRAIN RIDE
- Transfer to the scenic hill country. The cold weather, 360° amazing views & English architecture will make you feel at home land.
- Visit a tea estate & tea factory along the way, get to know how World’s number one tea brands are made.
- Visit N’eliya station by 12:30 pm & get on-board to train to Ella.
- The one of a life time train ride that you will never forget. Visit iconic Ella village by train via hill country. The views will make your eyes glued to the passing tea lands.
DAY 7 | DAY AT SCENIC ELLA
- Wake up early morning looking at a Billion-dollar mountain range view!
- Spend the morning at unique 98 acres’ resort.
- At completion walk through tea estates to reach 9 arched bridge.
- Trek on an amazing path to the great Ella valley, the edge of the hill country. It’s all about the natural beauty.
- Spend the evening at beautiful resort surrounding.
- Overnight stay at Planter’s Bungalow
DAY 8 | ICONIC COUNTRY SIDE ROAD TO YALA
- Check-out from hotel & get down from hill country via scenic country side road.
- On the way visit & spend time at nature’s beauty, “The Ravana falls”.
- Reach the Yala National park boarder & check-in to Hotel.
DAY 9 | SAFARI DAY AT YALA
- Get up early morning & get ready to witness the Ceylon’s unique wild life that you were so excited about from the beginning.
- Be lucky to witness a hunt of a Leopard or heard of leopards resting on the road.
- At completion return to the ecofriendly hotel & spend the day by the Jungle beach, wild animals such as deer, monkey or giant squirrel roaming inside the hotel premises
- Overnight stay at Gaga bees – Tissa
DAY 10 | START OF DOWN SOUTH BEACH VACATION
- Check-out from hotel & transfer to Matara via country side. Understand the village life of Sri Lankan’s where once the Capital of the Island.
- Check-in to the hotel & stay the rest of the day by the sandy pristine beach.
- Sleep early as to wake up for the early morning Whales watching tour.
DAY 11 | WHALES & DOLPHINS WATCHING AT INDIAN OCEAN
- Wake up early morning at 5:00 AM & get ready to visit Mirissa Pier to catch the passenger boat sailing to Indian ocean.
- Sail piercing the strong tides & winds to be amazed by the friendliness of Dolphin herds & to witness the gentle giants such as Blue whale, Bride’s whale, Sperm whale, Fin whale, sometimes Killer whale.
- At completion, check-out from hotel & transfer to Galle.
- Visit the famous and pride Galle Dutch fortress built by the Dutch in 16th century.
- Spend the evening on top of the fortress walls by the beach and experience the priceless beauty of sun-setting, sailing ships and fishing boats till sun goes down.
- Transfer to Hikkaduwa beach and check-in to the hotel.
DAY 12 | BEACH DAY
- Hikkaduwa beach is one of the best beach to spend a relaxing vacation. The corals marble beach & the hangout will high your spirits to its maximum.
- Hikka corals reef is a World renowned underwater world. It’s time for you to check your ability on scuba diving or snorkel to be amazed by the colorful Indian ocean.
- Overnight stay at Temple tree resort and spa
DAY 13 | TURTLES WATCHING & SOUVENIR SHOPPING
- Visit one of Turtle hatcheries nearby and be thrilled by the cuteness of little turtle cubs just hatched.
- Release matured cubs to the ocean & experience the unforgettable memory of the vacation.
- Check-out & transfer to Negombo Beach hotel via Colombo capital city.
- Shop for souvenirs that will bring you loads of lovely memories of this epic vacation.
DAY 14 | DEPARTURE
- Transfer to the airport to catch the flight back to country.
*** END OF THE TOUR ***
Do you wish to spend more days in this magical Island? We have two perfect extension suggestions.
Note: Selecting one of following extension plan is provided on our booking form under, “Tour Extensions”
Extend your tour with a Pristine beach stay
Spend few days at Iconic Temple tree hotel feeling the true magic of tropical island getting close to Sri Lankan culture.
- Sea view room with breakfast & dinner
- Untouched Indian Ocean.
- Turtle life stalking, Boat safari and river fish therapy.
- 40 kilo meter vehicle allowance
$ 90/- per day, per person
Extend your tour with a Nature friendly stay
Spend few days at heavenly feeling Nice Place hotel. The true eco-friendly hotel by the lake & surrounding villages are absolute relaxation.
- Luxury villas in the perfect environment with breakfast & dinner
- Cycling among rural villages
- PIdurangala hiking & trekking
- 40 kilo meter vehicle allowance