This is a wonderful itinerary for the first time traveler to Sri Lanka. Not only does it include a variety of cities but also a few villages to see how 75% of India lives. Special immersion experiences beyond just seeing the monuments are included. These immersion experiences will introduce you to the local people and culture with a guide. Anuradapura and Kandy are two of our favorite boutique properties where you will have a wonderful stay with delicious food and a great rural experience. Visit both Buddhist iconic temples and Hindu covils on this unforgettable journey.
- Visit the ancient Anuradhapura that dates back to Roman times
- Witness the exceptional civil engineering of Lankan’s in 477 CE visiting Sigiriya fortress and Golden temple that artistic ability filled with paintings and statues.
- Discover the regal history of Kandy with a city tour after a visiting magnificent Tooth relic palace
- Scour the wilderness at Horton plains National Park in search of moose and most unique animals to the very area, including to witness the end of the world.
- Explore the unparalleled alpine landscape of Nuwaraeliya district along the way to Arugambay
- Visit the town of the Hindu worrier god, Katharagama; where Sinhala Buddhists visit the shrine of the god than Hindu devotees. Magnificent location by Yala national park where you will hike to the home place of the God, the second son of God of gods, the excellent Shivan
- Speed back to the commercial capital Colombo, first feel the difference of distance lifestyles of Sri Lankans; take a worth city ride, shop, eat and set to say good bye to the pearl of Indian ocean
Trip at a Glance
- Day 1 – Golden cave temple complex and Sigiriya the Lion Rock
- Day 2, 3 – Anuradhapuraya Kingdom
- Day 4 – Kandy cultural capital
- Day 5 – Nuwaraeliya, Horton Plains and World’s end
- Day 6, 7 – Arugamaby world’s number one natural surfing destination
- Day 8 – Katharagama; City of Gods and Residence Mountain (Home of God Katharagama)
- Day 9 – Set sail early morning for Whales watching at Mirissa
- Day 10 – Speed way back to Colombo capital
- Day 11 – end of an epic Ceylon promising cultural journey
Architecture Tours / History & Archaeology Tours / Religious destinations / Beaches / Walking Tours / Hiking / Nature / whales watching / shopping / bazar
Ecotourism / Honeymoon / Relaxation / Romantic / Whales watching / Outdoor Adventures
Heritage and culture / Leisure / Spectacular Scenery / Unique Asian destinations on and off sea
Travelerceylon recommends, focus and promote on following main transporting vehicle types as you can customize accordingly to your budget.
- Car : (recommended for couples / 2 adults and one child)
- Van : (recommended for 4 to 10 passengers)
- Coaster : (recommended for 11 to 22 passengers)
The customized package will include airport transfers and other transportation within Sri Lanka, guided tours or activities, unique experiences, trip planning, and 24X7 support during your trip.
Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on final travel dates, and other custom preferences